Chennai international airport serves the city of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and its metropolitan area. It is located in Meenambakkam & Tirusulam, 21 km from the city centre.
Tamil Nadu 600027
044 2256 0551
Accommodations near the Chennai airport
- Just Guest House- 3.04km
- Quality Inn Airport- 1.79km
- Trident Chennai- 1.66km
- Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai- 1.8km
- Zingle Stay Airport- 2.0km
Places to visit near Chennai airport
For those who want to relax and spend time visiting the nearby places, here is a list of places that you must consider and are in closer proximity of the airport:
- Viswaroopa Adhivyadhihara Sri Bhaktha Anjaneyaswami Temple- One must visit this temple at least once and it is just 3.4km away from the airport. The main god of the temple is Lord Hanuman standing 30 feet tall with folded hands, and he is facing the shrine of SriRama and Seetha Devi.
- The Rajiv Gandhi Memorial- It is the memorial of Rajiv Gandhi where Rajiv Gandhi, the 6th prime minister of India got killed in a bomb blast by terrorists during election campaign. You can easily visit this place from the airport as the distance is only 2km.
- Indian Institute Of Technology, Madras- It is a very prestigious institute of India and has a vast area covered with trees and animals. 9.5kms from the airport, you can visit this institute of Madras.
- Kalikambal Temple- It is located at a distance of 5.9km from the airport, in one of the busiest places in Chennai. This temple holds a great spiritual significance as well as historical importance. The Maratha Emperor Shivaji use to worship the Goddess here in the 17th Century.
- Vadapalani Murugan Temple- It is a great temple of Lord Murgan and it is just 9.5kms away from the airport. Every day in the evening around 7 pm the golden chariot procession takes place.
The Medical facilities are also available in abundance at this place. There are multispecialty hospitals, dental clinics, etc. and if you need any help, you can reach out to us.