Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, formerly as ‘Borjhar Airport’ is also known as Guwahati International Airport. It is the prime international airport of the North-Eastern State of India.
0361 284 1909
Hotels near Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi Airport, Guwahati, Assam
- Dekapara Airport Guest House- 898m
- Kiranshree Grand- 1.3km
- Hotel Aashiyana- 1.4km
- Hotel Airport Nest- 1.2km
- Hotel Kanika Inn- 1.1km
Places to visit near Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi Airport, Guwahati, Assam
- The Saraighat Bridge, Guwahati- Due to the Saraighat Bridge, Guwahati is known as the Gateway to the Northeast. The bridge connects the Northeastern region with the rest of India. The distance is 13km from the airport. It is the first bridge that has been built over the Brahmaputra River with a length of 1492m that makes it one of the longest bridges above water in India.
- Assam State Museum- It shows the unique culture and tradition of the north-eastern state. Located on the southern end of Dighalipukhuri tank, it was constructed in 1940. The museum has several sections like archaeology, iconography, epigraphy as well as numismatics that will let you know the various aspects of Assamese culture.
- Nehru Park- It is located in the heart of the city in Pan Bazar area of Guwahati. In front of the famous century-old Cotton College, this park is beautifully designed and well-maintained. You can get a glimpse of culture and traditions of Assam. There is ample space for kids to play and do activities. All in all, it is a very nice place to hang around.
- Umanada Temple- Located on Peacock Island, it is one of the important temples of Guwahati. The temple is in the middle of Brahmaputra River and is dedicated to the worship of Lord Shiva. Every year a large number of devotees visit this temple on the occasion of Shivratri.
- Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary- It is nestled in the grasslands of Assam which is the house of the Greater Indian One-Horned Rhinoceroses. The land of Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary is a wonderful experience for every admirer of nature.
For medical services, there are a number of reputed hospitals and clinics nearby airport. In case you have any queries, you can contact us anytime.