The Government of India has made some sincere efforts to ease the visits to India for unpredictable occurrences like death, accidents, critical illness of kids, parents or siblings or any kind of legal engagement. The Indian government has started something incredible that is the processing of an urgent Indian visa.
The prime feature of the emergency/ urgent Indian visa is that it can be processed on weekends as well.
The Indian Government also facilitates the urgent processing of visas in case of urgent business meetings from which one cannot refrain.
The Emergency visa to India is processed under high priority due to the unavoidable conditions of the applicant.
Process of obtaining Urgent Indian Visa
The procedure of obtaining an urgent visa to India is quite similar to that of Indian e-visa. One can conveniently apply for an emergency Indian visa online, upload the necessary documents demanded by the Indian Government and make the online payment of the relevant e-Visa fees and some additional charges for the processing of the emergency visa to India.
The important thing to remember is that an urgent Indian visa is different from the visa on arrival. It will be stamped by the immigration officer at the destination port on arrival.
Make sure your passport has a minimum validity for six months with two blank pages in it before applying for an emergency Indian visa.
Processing Time of Emergency Indian Visa
It takes around 24-72 hours of time to obtain an urgent Indian visa depending on the country you belong to and your emergency situation. It will be processed once you submit all the necessary documents and the payment you made is confirmed.
Documents Needed When Applying for Emergency Visa
In case of sudden death or illness of closed ones, the applicant will be asked to submit a scanned copy of the letters from the hospital as proof of the critical situation.
In case of a business emergency, a copy of the business card of the applicant and a letter describing the emergency visit from the Indian entity.
A scanned copy of the bio page of the applicant’s passport that has the photograph and the personal details of the applicant.
A digital photograph of passport size with a white-colored or plain light-colored background. Ensure that the length and the width of the photo must be equal and there should be no shadows on the photograph.
Confirmed journey ticket for the date on which the applicant wants to travel to India.
Indian e-Visa vs. Urgent India Visa
Foreign travelers whose key objective to visit India is exploring the diversity of the country, sightseeing, attending a marriage or an event, completion of the short term educational course or a short duration of medical treatment, attending a business conference and a casual meet with friends or family, may apply for Indian e-Visa. It can be attained in a duration of 4-7 working days after uploading the online form and mandatory documents and completing the online payment process.
However, it is believed that a problem can knock at your door anytime. If any certain kind of situation comes like the sudden death of a beloved, illness or major accident of your closed ones or a legal commitment, then one can apply for the emergency visa to India by paying some extra charges other than the applicable visa fees. It can also be applied in case of any urgent business meeting that is impossible to avoid. Emergency visa India can be obtained in a matter of 24-72 hours depending upon the necessity of the emergency condition and the nationality of the applicant.
Important Points to Keep in Mind:
- Only single entry is permitted on an urgent processing visa to India which is also non-extendable.
- Foreign Nationals whose sole reason is sightseeing, tourism, attending someone’s wedding or a casual meeting with friends and relatives are not eligible to apply for an emergency visa to India.
- It will take a minimum of 24 hours of time to receive your visa through e-mail after completion of the payment process and submission of mandatory documents.
- The process of granting or rejecting a visa application completely depends on the Immigration Department of India.
- Hiding any kind of authentic information and facts may result in rejection of the Indian visa application.
- The traveler must have an ample amount of funds to afford their stay in India and a return journey ticket.
- If the applicant, the parents or grandparents of the applicant, anyhow belonged to Pakistan, then he/she has to apply for an Indian visa by the traditional process.
- Each individual must carry a separate passport.
- Diplomatic visa holders, official visa holders, and Laissez-passer document holders are not eligible to apply for Indian e-visa.
- International travel document holders cannot apply for an Indian visa online.
- The applicant cannot apply for the urgent processing of visa in India on the National Holidays of India, which include Republic Day (January 26), Independence Day (August 15) and Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday (October 2).
- Make sure the applicant enters a valid e-mail address, phone numbers and social network ids that will ensure further communication.
- If the applicant fails to provide the valid emergency-related documents, then the visa application may be rejected.
- The emergency is completely subject to approval by the Immigration Department of India only.