Getting a visa for India is no more hassle from the time e-Visa India came into the picture. There are five categories in which the Indian e-Visa can be classified:
Indian e-Visa application needs to be filled online and once you have done that, the last step is to make payment online.
In order to promote tourism in India, the Tourism Ministry has revised and lowered the Indian visa fees and this change came into effect from September 2019.
The e-Visa fees will be different for peak and lean seasons. Also, the visa fees will depend on the nature of the relationship between India and the visiting country. Citizens of some countries are eligible to obtain visas at no cost. Also, the fees vary for each category of the India e visa.
Before looking at the fees chart, here’s a list of countries eligible for e-Visa for India at no cost i.e. for free:
- Cook Islands
- Marshall Islands
- Niue Island
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
Indian Government e-Visa Fee
The Indian e-Visa cost is the amount the applicant needs to pay for the processing of the electronic visa. In other words, it is the mandatory fee to pay to apply for the travel authorization.
Except for Japan, citizens of all other countries pay the same amount of Indian e-Tourist fee as follows:
One-month e-Tourist Visa (April to June): $10.
One-month e-Tourist Visa (July to March): $25
One-year e-Tourist Visa: $40.
Five-year e-Tourist Visa: $80.
Japanese citizens have to pay only $25 for one-year and five-year e-Tourist visas.
Fees for Other Types of e-Visas
- Indian Visa for US citizens, UK citizens, Russians, Ukrainians, and Mozambique- $100
- For citizens of the countries including Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Hong Kong, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Netherlands, Ireland, Portugal, Philippines, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam- $80
- Citizens of Japan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka- $25
Modes of Payment
The e-Visa applicant can select one out of the following two options for payment of visa fees:
SBIePay provides the following channels for payment of e-Visa fees:
Payment Gateway: It processes Credit card and Debit Card transactions for all the cards issued internationally by Visa & MasterCard. It is enabled with a BIN identifier which recognizes the BIN online when a customer enters the number.
Paypal: SBIePay also enables e-Visa customers to make payments through Paypal.
Banking Charges for e-Visa fee
Payment Gateway Card transactions (both Debit and Credit Card): 2.5% of the applicable e-Visa fee.
Paypal: 3.5% of the applicable e-Visa fee.
- Axis Bank
Axis Bank provides an Internet Payment Gateway Solution that allows you to make payments anytime from any corner of the world. All Visa, MasterCard and Maestro cards are accepted by Axis Bank.
The banking charges are applied to a maximum of 2.5% plus taxes applicable to the e-Visa fees and are charged to the applicant at the time of making online e visa fee payment.
Refund of e-Visa India Fees
Important things to know about the refund process of visa fees:
- It may happen where the application is not shown Payment successful page after making the payment, which may be due to poor internet connectivity. If the applicant does not receive any successful payment message even after the amount has been charged, a refund shall be initiated after due reconciliation process to the applicant’s account.
- When the applicant has not received a success response due to time out or connectivity issue and the account has been debited, it is advised to the customer not to attempt another transaction immediately. Wait for around 30 minutes and enter the Order no. on the e-Visa site to check the status of the transaction. If the transaction status is showing failed, then the customer can go for another transaction. Also, the debited amount shall be refunded to the applicants’ accounts after the reconciliation process within seven days of the transaction.
Note: The Government of India doesn’t charge any emergency fees or additional fees for grant of any emergency/express e-visa.