A Complete Guide on Indian e-Business Visa
e-Business Visa for India is one such type of official electronic visa which is issued online by the authority of the Indian Government. It allows a person to enter multiple times into India, that means it is Multiple Entry Visa and can be used only for the business and official use.
Indian Business online Visa is provided to those non-Indian visitors who want to visit India intending to expand their business and make contacts on behalf of any company situated outside the country. Clearly, doing any recreational activity is not allowed with this type of visa.
Eligibility for Business e-Visa
The process of applying e-visa for business is quite simple and you need not to visit the Indian embassy physically unlike the regular visa, however the document authentication holds a great importance for obtaining an e-business visa.
The eligibility criteria for an individual to fulfill when applying for Business Visa are listed here.
- Passport of the applicant should have at least six months of validity from the date of advent into the country and should have at least two vacant pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- Applicants should visit India with the same passport with which they applied for e-Visa.
- E-Business visa holders are not permitted to carry Diplomatic Passport Holders.
- Every applicant needs to have an individual passport.
Document Checklist Required for Indian e-Business Visa
Keep a check on the documents before you start filling the form. Every document plays an important role in the approval of your e-visa.
These are some documents required apply for e-Business Indian Visa.
- Examined copy of the Bio Page of the passport displaying the photograph of the individual with all the details clearly specified.
- A digitally scanned photograph of the applicant
- One must have a copy of the invitation letter or the business card during the visit
- Credit/Debit card or PayPal account for the payment.
Applicant’s colorful photo taken before the 6 Months will not be considered, so try to attach the recent photograph with white background. Make sure you have all the original copies of the documents with you. Also, once you receive the visa, do not forget to print a copy of it as you need to show it on seaports and airports in India. These are the business visa requirements, which you must not miss to fulfill.
How to Apply for e-Business Visa for India
Once you are ready with all the mentioned documents, the process won’t take much time for the completion. In the next step, you need to fill the application form. In order to apply for electronic Indian Visa, you can refer to www.e-visaindiaonline.com website and fill the e-Visa online application. After that, submit the online application and get your e-Business Visa for India on your email that you provided while applying for the e-Visa.
In the form, all you require is to fill the basic information and attach the necessary documents. The entire process will take a few minutes, unlike the traditional visa process which takes days for the same process.
Time and duration:
It takes a while to get your online business visa in your hand as there are millions of visitors who apply for e-visa on daily basis and thus, you need to wait for your turn. But if you have an urgent requirement, the urgent e-visa can be applied. Let’s unveil the India business visa processing time and duration for both normal and urgent visas:
Normal processing: It takes 5-7 days to get an e-business visa. The normal processing is perfect if you have at least a week to wait for. So, if have applied several days before the trip, normal processing is what you can go for. Just fill the form, sit and relax for getting it approved and within a week you will get your e-business visa for India. The normal e-visa can be applied simply by choosing “Normal processing” under the column of “Application Type”.
Urgent processing: Business people often need to travel on an urgent basis as we all know business can’t wait. In cases when you don’t have 5-7 days to wait for, apply for the urgent business visa of India and you will get your visa in your hand within 24-72 hours. The processing fee may vary for the “Same Day” Business Visa but it is suitable for those who don’t have enough time to wait. Make sure your date of traveling must be after 72 hours from the time you are applying for the visa. To apply for the urgent e-business visa, you need to select “Urgent Processing (within 72 hours)” in the application form by clicking on https://www.e-visaindiaonline.com/IndianVisaOnline/v/index.php.
Various Nationalities are allowed to apply for Indian e-Business Visa. There are 161 countries including Canada, U.S., Russia, Australia, Malaysia and many other countries around the world who are permitted to apply for Indian Visa for Business Online. See the complete list of approved nationalities
What are the Authentic Airports for Entrance?
With e-Business Visa India, you can only get entry from 28 Designated Airports including Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Portblair, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi & Visakhapatnam and 5 Designated Seaports including (Chennai, Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai).
Limitation of Electronic Business Visa for India
Some of the limitations of Visa Validations are listed here.
- The Validity of this electronic visa is 1 year from the date it is approved for the individual from other countries to India.
- Applicants of the eligible countries/territories may apply online for Business Visa once in a year.
- Multiple entries are allowed both for Indian e-Tourist Visa and Business Visa which means that an Individual can visit India multiple times in a year.
- E-Visa for Business in India is non-transferable and non-extendable which means one cannot extend the days to stay in India in any case after the limited time of 90 Days per visit. But in the exceptional cases of US, UK, Japan and Canada citizens, the stay periods lasts up to 180 days.
- An individual from the restricted area cannot place candidature for business e-Visa for India.
When you have successfully registered yourself for Indian e-Visa for Business, then you will receive an email with your e-visa, now you can travel to India. Just take a print out of your Visa and make it available with your Passport at the Emigrating Counter.
What are the Benefits?
One has many benefits of having this e-Visa is like he/she has the opportunity to expand his business internationally and can earn great profits. Moreover, it also makes your business trip to India safer and more convenient.
Need Help 24/7
Frequently Asked Questions
- To apply for E-Visa you just need to submit a pre-application form, which is to be completed online.
- After completing E-Visa form within 4-5 business working days, you will get your E-visa along with its status on your E-Mail Id. You just have to take the print out of that form and travel.
- While applying for E-visa you have to upload your photograph and scanned image of biometric page of the passport.
- If you do not have any soft image of passport and Photograph, then you can click the picture from your phone camera or digital camera at your home and then upload in your application.
- You can save and exit from your application at any time and then again re-login by using Temporary application ID.
A: Business Visa is for non-Indian visitors who intend to visit India for the purpose of expanding their business or contact local companies on behalf of companies outside India.
A: It depends on the country of origin for the person applying for e-Business Visa but mostly it takes around 4 to 7 business days for the processing.
A: No, it is not allowed to change the purpose of your visit once you reach India. It is kind of illegal to travel India on a business Visa.
A: The e-Business Visa is valid for one year and the multiple entries are allowed throughout the year.
A: The passport of the applicant must have at least 6 months of validity from the date you wish to arrive in India. And your passport must contain at least two blank pages at the time of applying.
You are allowed to enter India via 28 designated Airports which are located in Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Portblair, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi & Visakhapatnam and 5 designated Seaports- Chennai, Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai. However, you can exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts in India.
No, once you have submitted the application to the Indian government, the visa fees are non-refundable.