Indian e-Conference Visa- A Complete Guide about Requirements, Documents and Validity
India is one such country that witnesses visitors from all over the world for a number of purposes. Apart from tourism, people also visit the country for medical reasons, to visit friends and family, or to attend important conferences.
- e-Medical Attendant Visa
- e-Conference Visa
In this guide, you will get to know all about the e-Conference visa to India.
e-Conference visas are applicable to those who want to visit India for international conferences, to discuss a particular subject or to attend international seminars or workshops.
This visa is generally issued to delegates who have received invitation to any such conference, seminar or workshop being organized in India by a Ministry or Department of the Indian Government, State Governments, Central Educational Institutions PSUs, or an organization owned and controlled by the Government of India, UN and NGOs.
To apply for this visa, the major requirement is to produce the invitation letter to the seminar, workshop or conference.
Conference Visa is not allowed to be issued for events which involve politically or socially sensitive subjects.
Note- to participate in Business meetings, to discuss business matters of a particular company or organization and Board meetings, the applicant will be required to obtain either a Business Visa or e-Business Visa.
The e-Conference Visa India is only valid for 30 days from the date of arrival and only single entry is permitted. The e-Conference visa can only be clubbed with e-Tourist visas and is non-extendable and non-convertible.
Application Process for Indian E-Conference-Visa
First and foremost, the entire process is online, so there is no need to go to the embassy. You need to have the following documents before you start filling the online application form:
- Passport that must be valid for next six months and must have two blank pages to obtain the visa stamp.
- Scanned copies of your latest coloured photograph and the size must not exceed 10MB. Remember that you will not be able to upload the photo if you don’t get it in the correct format.
- Scanned copy of the first and the last page of your passport.
- Address proof of your residence.
- Formal letter of invitation of India.
- YouProof of political clearance by MEA.
- Proof of event clearance by MHA.
After you have all the required documents with you, you can start filling the form and upload the documents wherever required. Make sure to enter the correct and valid information so that the application form doesn’t get rejected.
Once you have submitted the application form, you will get a confirmation mail that you have successfully applied for e-Conference Visa India for business. Keep a check on your email account to ensure that you have received the confirmation mail and the processing will start thereafter
You will also receive the Conference visa via email so keep checking your account. Get a printout of the visa when you receive it and carry it along with your passport when you travel to India.
Usually, it takes somewhere between 3-5 days to get the visa in your email. However, if you have applied for the urgent Indian e-Conference Visa, you can expect to receive it within 24-72 hours.
Points to Enter India
You can enter India from the following airports and seaports:
Airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Kochi, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Port Blair, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi, and Vishakhapatnam.
Seaports: Kochi, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai, Chennai. You can exit India through any immigration point.
Process for Prior Clearance for Holding an International Conference
- Prior clearance of MHA for holding an event will be required in the following cases:
- Participants from Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, foreigners of Pakistani origin and Stateless persons.
- Participants who are required to visit Restricted or Protected Areas in India.
Important Points to Remember
- Make sure you use the same name as mentioned on your passport as any discrepancy in the same can get your visa rejected.
- Carry all your important documents when you travel to India and keep them safely with you throughout the journey.
- Make sure to follow all the visa regulations and do not overstay in India otherwise you may be required to pay a penalty of around $300
Need Help 24/7
- E-Tourist visa
- E-Business Visa
- E-Medical Visa
- E-Tourist Visa For UK Citizens
- E-Visa for USA Citizens
- E-Visa for Canadian Citizens
- E-Visa Chinese Citizen
- E-Visa For UAE Citizens
- E-Medical Attendant Visa
- E-Conference Visa to India
- India Visa for Japanese
- India Visa for German
- India Visa for Australian Citizens
- India Visa for French
- India visa for Children
Frequently Asked Questions
- To apply for E-Visa you just need to submit a pre-application form, which is to be completed online.
- After completing E-Visa form within 4-5 business working days, you will get your E-visa along with its status on your E-Mail Id. You just have to take the print out of that form and travel.
- While applying for E-visa you have to upload your photograph and scanned image of biometric page of the passport.
- If you do not have any soft image of passport and Photograph, then you can click the picture from your phone camera or digital camera at your home and then upload in your application.
- You can save and exit from your application at any time and then again re-login by using Temporary application ID.
A: Business Visa is for non-Indian visitors who intend to visit India for the purpose of expanding their business or contact local companies on behalf of companies outside India.
A: It depends on the country of origin for the person applying for e-Business Visa but mostly it takes around 4 to 7 business days for the processing.
A: No, it is not allowed to change the purpose of your visit once you reach India. It is kind of illegal to travel India on a business Visa.
A: The e-Business Visa is valid for one year and the multiple entries are allowed throughout the year.
A: The passport of the applicant must have at least 6 months of validity from the date you wish to arrive in India. And your passport must contain at least two blank pages at the time of applying.)
You are allowed to enter India via 28 designated Airports which are located in Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Portblair, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi & Visakhapatnam and 5 designated Seaports- Chennai, Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai. However, you can exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts in India.
No, once you have submitted the application to the Indian government, the visa fees are non-refundable.
If any family member of the e-Business Visa holder is going to accompany him on his visit to India, they will need to apply for an Entry Visa.