e-Medical Attendant Visa- Everything You Need to Know
Every year a large number of patients visit India to seek medical treatment that is why medical visas are always in demand. But a sick person or someone who is not in a healthy state cannot travel to a foreign country all by himself. So such patients are accompanied by their family to travel with them. A medical attendant visa is required by those who want to travel to India to attend their blood relative who has already been granted a Medical visa to India to obtain treatment at reputed and recognized hospitals or treatment centres in India. A medical attendant visa can be granted up to two attendants to give company to the person who is seeking medical treatment in India and has been issued e-Medical visa India.
Duration and Validity of e-Medical Attendant Visa
The validity of the visa is 60 days from the date of entry in India. It can be applied for three times within one year.
Process to Obtain the Medical Attendant Visa
The eligible countries can apply for the visa anywhere between 7 to 4 days before the date of travel. Normally, the visa gets approved within 4 days but some applications may take more time so it is better to stay ahead of time.
An Indian medical attendant visa is normally issued to the family members of the patient, however, a doctor accompanying a patient on Medical Visa will also be granted the Attendant Visa.
This visa is only issued to two family members to travel with someone in their family who has a Medical visa and is going to receive medical treatment in India.
Similar to other e-Visa categories, to obtain the attendant visa, you need to fill the application form online. Attach a latest coloured photograph and the size must be between 3MB to 10MB. Also, you must have a valid passport that has your details and two blank pages.
Once approved, you will receive the e-Medical attendant visa India through email. You need to keep a check on your email ID to get the email on time.
Next, you have to get a printout of the visa and take it along with other important documents on your medical trip to India.
Here Are A Few Important Things To Know About Attendant Visa:
- You must have sufficient funds for your entire stay period in India.
- It is important to carry a copy of e-Visa with you at all times while you are in India.
- You must have a return ticket while applying for India e-Medical attendant visa.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of entry into India.
- You will be also required to submit a copy of the passport of the person who is applying for a Medical visa and a copy of the visa if it has been already issued.
- You will also be required to produce marriage or birth certificate issued by the government to show the relation between you and the person to whom medical visa has been issued.
Need Help 24/7
- E-Tourist visa
- E-Business Visa
- E-Medical Visa
- E-Tourist Visa For UK Citizens
- E-Visa for USA Citizens
- E-Visa for Canadian Citizens
- E-Visa Chinese Citizen
- E-Visa For UAE Citizens
- E-Medical Attendant Visa
- E-Conference Visa to India
- India Visa for Japanese
- India Visa for German
- India Visa for Australian Citizens
- India Visa for French
- India visa for Children
Frequently Asked Questions
- To apply for E-Visa you just need to submit a pre-application form, which is to be completed online.
- After completing E-Visa form within 4-5 business working days, you will get your E-visa along with its status on your E-Mail Id. You just have to take the print out of that form and travel.
- While applying for E-visa you have to upload your photograph and scanned image of biometric page of the passport.
- If you do not have any soft image of passport and Photograph, then you can click the picture from your phone camera or digital camera at your home and then upload in your application.
- You can save and exit from your application at any time and then again re-login by using Temporary application ID.
A: It is an official document which permits foreigners to enter into India for the purpose of medical and treatment from the reputed hospitals in India.
A: It is valid for the 60 days from the date of arrival in India. This Visa type can only be availed two times in a year and a single e-Medical Visa allows you to enter India three times.
3 entries are allowed using Medical e-Visa and you can enter and leave India 3 times during the period of 120 days.
The Medical e-visa for India is granted for 120 days and this period is valid for a maximum of three entries in a year. The permission for one additional entry can also be given by the State Government in the case of emergency situations otherwise you can opt for e-Medical Attendant Visa.
A: Here are a few points for eligibility:
- You must have initiated the initial treatment in your native country and recommended to get special treatment in India.
- You must be seeking medical attention in the recognized institution by the government of India which specializes in the treatment of your condition.
- This Visa type cannot be used for surrogacy.
- This is only a short term medical Visa
A: We require these documents to process our application:
- A copy of your passport’s bio page in PDF format.
- A passport photo in JPEG format.
- A letter from the concerned hospital you are going to in PDF format.
A: These are the ailments of primary consideration and it is not an exhaustive list: Neurosurgery, ophthalmic disorders, heart-related problems, renal disorders, organ transplantation, gene therapy, radiotherapy, congenital disorders, joint replacement, plastic surgery etc.)
It depends on the country you are coming from. If you are visiting from a yellow fever prone country, you will be required to show proof of yellow fever vaccination.