Indian e-Medical Visa- Get a Specialized Medical Treatment
India has majorly developed as the most sought-after country of medical tourist. Thousands of foreign nationals come to India for seeking medical treatment. There may be several reasons why foreigners choose India for medical treatment; specific healing is not available in their countries, medical treatment is cheaper in India than that of their countries, and more.
However, the foreigners need a medical visa in regards to seek medical healing in India. The government of India has initiated a medical visa program which foreign nationals can apply for.
Medical visa has been categorized under e-Visa, which is a program instituted by the government of India and it is only applicable for the patient
What is the Indian Medical Visa Requirement?
Nationals of yellow fever affected countries must carry Yellow Fever Vaccination Card at the time of arrival in India. Please visit the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare latest guidelines regarding Yellow fever countries. The nationals from Kenya, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Israel, Pakistan, Nigeria, and Somalia need to carry Oral Polio Vaccination (OPV) while coming to India for a medical procedure. The OPV certificate must be taken six weeks before you arrive in India. The certificate is mandatory for everyone, be it, adult or children.
Each and every submitted document will be verified by the Indian missions and Posts which is a body, consigned abroad to ensure if the requested e-Medical visa is genuine or not.
You may need to give all details to the Missions that if you have consulted for medical treatment in the country of residence and then got advice to go for special treatment in India.
Through e-Medical visa, you can only seek for treatment in reputed and approved hospital in India. The visa allows you to have several types of medical treatments which may include ophthalmic disorders, Neuro-Surgery, radiotherapy, heart treatments, renal disorders, plastic surgery, organ transplants, gene therapy, congenital disorders, and more.
Eligibility Criteria for e-Medical Visa India
We have already discussed genuine conditions to become eligible for an e-Medical visa. But explaining all the points here which needs to be fulfilled to get the e-Medical visa approved
- People who are visiting India via e-Medical visa must be genuinely coming to receive the medical treatment.
- Applicant must belong to any of 166 countries eligible for Indian visa
- Candidate must have taken an initial level of treatment in his/her own country and then been directed to India for medical treatment
- It is noted that candidate is seeking for medical treatment in the hospital which is renowned and specialized for particular medical operation
- If the candidate is suffering from several medical conditions, his/her medical visa application will be kept in priority. There are medical diseases which are given primary consideration, may include neurosurgery, heart problems, ophthalmic disorders and organ transplants
What can you Do with Indian E-Medical Visa?
The motive to introduce e-Medical visa was to let foreigners visit India for the purpose of short-term medical treatment. The non-Indian citizens who are eligible to obtain an e-Medical visa are required to meet the minimum requirements to apply for this visa.
This kind of visa can be obtained only for the sole purpose of getting medical treatment. It is also necessary to acquire a letter from the hospital in India where you will receive the treatment. You cannot use this visa to visit the protected areas of India.
How Does E-Medical Visa Work?
- The foreigners who are eligible to obtain an e-Medical visa can easily fill the application form. In the form, you have to provide essential details like your full name, date of birth, place of birth, address, contact information, and passport data.
- Next, you will be asked to enter other details in the fields provided and pay the fee with a debit or credit card.
- Once every information gets approved, you will receive the visa on your email address.
- The other important points about obtaining the Medical visa to India have been listed below:
- It stands valid for 60 days from the date of arrival.
- Triple entry is allowed. Hence, you can visit and leave India 3 times during the period of 120 days.
- The visa is non-extendable, non-convertible and not valid for visiting restricted areas in India.
- You must have enough funds to survive during your stay in India.
- You are required to carry a copy of your approved e-Visa India authorization every time during your stay.
- You should have a return ticket when you apply for your e-Medical visa.
- It is also important to have an individual passport irrespective of age of the person.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India.
Documents Required for Indian e-Medical Visa
The following documents are required to apply for the Medical Visa:
- A clear and colored scanned copy of the Passport in PDF, JPG or PNG format and the size should not be more than 3 MB. The passport must have at least two blank pages to place the entry and exit stamps by the immigration authorities. The name on the passport should match with the name on the application form.
- You have to upload your passport-sized recent photograph with a white background and a clear view of your face.
- A letter from the Hospital in India you are going to visit. It will prove that you have been advised to go for specialized medical treatment.
Need Help 24/7
Frequently Asked Questions
- To apply for E-Visa you just need to submit a pre-application form, which is to be completed online.
- After completing E-Visa form within 4-5 business working days, you will get your E-visa along with its status on your E-Mail Id. You just have to take the print out of that form and travel.
- While applying for E-visa you have to upload your photograph and scanned image of biometric page of the passport.
- If you do not have any soft image of passport and Photograph, then you can click the picture from your phone camera or digital camera at your home and then upload in your application.
- You can save and exit from your application at any time and then again re-login by using Temporary application ID.
A: It is an official document which permits foreigners to enter into India for the purpose of medical and treatment from the reputed hospitals in India.
A: It is valid for the 60 days from the date of arrival in India. This Visa type can only be availed two times in a year and a single e-Medical Visa allows you to enter India three times.
3 entries are allowed using Medical e-Visa and you can enter and leave India 3 times during the period of 120 days.
The Medical e-visa for India is granted for 120 days and this period is valid for a maximum of three entries in a year. The permission for one additional entry can also be given by the State Government in the case of emergency situations otherwise you can opt for e-Medical Attendant Visa.
A: Here are a few points for eligibility:
- You must have initiated the initial treatment in your native country and recommended to get special treatment in India.
- You must be seeking medical attention in the recognized institution by the government of India which specializes in the treatment of your condition.
- This Visa type cannot be used for surrogacy.
- This is only a short term medical Visa
A: We require these documents to process our application:
- A copy of your passport’s bio page in PDF format.
- A passport photo in JPEG format.
- A letter from the concerned hospital you are going to in PDF format.
A: These are the ailments of primary consideration and it is not an exhaustive list: Neurosurgery, ophthalmic disorders, heart-related problems, renal disorders, organ transplantation, gene therapy, radiotherapy, congenital disorders, joint replacement, plastic surgery etc.)
It depends on the country you are coming from. If you are visiting from a yellow fever prone country, you will be required to show proof of yellow fever vaccination.