Indian e-Medical Visa- Get a Specialized Medical Treatment in India
India has majorly developed as the most sought-after country for a medical tourist. Thousands of foreign nationals come to India for seeking medical treatment. There may be several reasons why foreigners choose India for medical treatment; specific healing is not available in their countries, medical treatment is cheaper in India than that of their countries, and many more.
However, foreigners need a medical visa in regards to seek medical healing in India. The government of India has initiated a medical visa program which foreign nationals can apply for.
Medical visa has been categorized under e-Visa, which is a program instituted by the government of India and it allows medical tourist to stay for 60 days in India for medical treatment.
E-Medical visa is only applicable to the patient who need to opt the medical treatment. The seeker can apply and get a visa to take up to 3 visits to India.
What is the Indian Medical Visa Requirement?
Nationals of yellow fever affected countries or travelers arriving from below given countries must carry Yellow Fever Vaccination Card at the time of arrival in India. Please visit the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare latest guidelines regarding Yellow fever countries. The nationals from Kenya, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Israel, Pakistan, Nigeria, and Somalia need to carry Oral Polio Vaccination (OPV) while coming to India for a medical procedure. The OPV certificate must be taken six weeks before you arrive in India. The certificate is mandatory for everyone, be it, adults or children.
Each and every submitted document will be verified by the Indian missions and Posts which is a body, consigned abroad to ensure if the requested e-Medical visa is genuine or not.
You may need to give all details to the Missions that if you have consulted for medical treatment in the country of residence and then got advice to go for special treatment in India.
Through Indian e-Medical visa, you can only seek for treatment in a reputed and approved hospital in India. It allows you to have several types of medical treatments which may include ophthalmic disorders, Neuro-Surgery, radiotherapy, heart treatments, renal disorders, plastic surgery, organ transplants, gene therapy, congenital disorders, and more.
Eligibility Criteria to apply E-Visa for Medical:
We have already discussed genuine conditions to become eligible for an e-Medical visa. But explaining all the points here which needs to be fulfilled to get the visa approved:
- People who are visiting India via e-Medical visa must be genuinely coming to receive the medical treatment.
- Candidate must have taken an initial level of treatment in his/her own country and then been directed to India for medical treatment.
- It is noted that candidate is seeking medical treatment in the hospital which is renowned and specialized for a particular medical operation.
- If the candidate is suffering from severe medical conditions, his/her medical visa application will be kept in priority. There are medical diseases which are given primary consideration which may include neurosurgery, heart problems, ophthalmic disorders, and organ transplants
How to Apply For Indian e-Medical Visa:
It is very simple to apply for online Medical visa. All you need is to visit
https://www.e-visaindiaonline.com/IndianVisaOnline/v/index.php and then fill the required information such as:
- First name, Middle name and last name
- Port of Arrival
- Passport Number
- Date of Birth
- Email id
- Phone number
- Expected date of arrival
- Visa type (select e-medical visa)
- Access code
India Medical Visa Processing Time
After filling all the information, you need to checkout using a Credit/Debit card or PayPal account. You will receive your visa within 5-7 days if you have applied for a normal visa, or you can get the visa approval within 24-72 hours for urgent medical visa India
The Validity Of E-Medical Visa to India:
The concept of e-visa was first introduced in 2014 and that time the 30 days double entry was allowed.
That was revised in 2017 and the stay period was extended to 60 days and this rule is same till the time.
The increase in the stay period has encouraged medical tourism to a great extent.The medical e-visa is valid up to 60 days after arrival and triple entry is allowed with this Indian medical visa. In other words, time period of sixty can be divided into three different slots of desired days.
- Triple entry is permitted for Indian Medical e-Visa.
- The e-medical visa can be availed only two times a year
Entry with e-Medical visa India:
To arrival with e-medical visa is allowed from 28 airports and 5 seaports only. The list of airport and seaports are given below, have a thorough reading:Airports
- Port Blair
FAQ of e-Medical Visa
A: It is an official document which permits foreigners to enter into India for the purpose of medical and treatment from the reputed hospitals in India.
A: We require these documents to process our application:
- A copy of your passport’s bio page in PDF format.
- A passport photo in JPEG format.
- A letter from the concerned hospital you are going to in PDF format.
A: Here are a few points for eligibility:
- You must have initiated the initial treatment in your native country and recommended to get special treatment in India.
- You must be seeking medical attention in the recognized institution by the government of India which specializes in the treatment of your condition.
- This Visa type cannot be used for surrogacy.
- This is only a short term medical Visa
A: It is valid for the 60 days from the date of arrival in India. This Visa type can only be availed two times in a year and a single e-Medical Visa allows you to enter India three times.
A: These are the ailments of primary consideration and it is not an exhaustive list: Neurosurgery, ophthalmic disorders, heart-related problems, renal disorders, organ transplantation, gene therapy, radiotherapy, congenital disorders, joint replacement, plastic surgery etc.