What is Tourist Visa India
India is known for its beauty and diversity. Thus, India has become a favorite tourist destination to many. There are multiple types of visas available for travelers who are longing to visit India. As the government of India offers different visas targeting a different group of tourists, therefore it is necessary to be clear about the concept behind every form of tourist Visa to India. Let’s discuss the most common queries which Indian tourist usually have.
Why Indian Visa is Required?
The users worldwide require an Indian visa to visit the country. There could be different reasons for visiting India, and requirement of the visa depends upon the purpose. If you are planning to visit India for recreation, sightseeing or casual visit, you need an Indian tourist visa. But Nepal and Bhutan tourists, are free to visit India without a visa.
Those who are looking to visit India for less than 72 hours, a transit visa is required. For this visa, a confirmed return ticket is required. Nonetheless, urgent e-Visa is the best choice in such case
What Sort of Visa is Required to Visit India?
The tourist visa is required to visit & explore India and e-Tourist visa is the easiest way to apply for a visa permit to enter India. Nonetheless, you can also opt for regular tourist visa to India, but it is a lengthy process and requires time to approve your permit.
Introduction of e-Tourist Visa India:
An Indian tourist visa is an entry pass for foreign nationals, who intend to travel India for sightseeing, recreational activities, and a casual meeting with friends and relatives. It is one category of e-Visa India, which you can opt for traveling the whole country, India.
This electronic form of visa has been introduced to boost Indian tourism, hence it costs less time than the normal visa. The ease of getting a visa without physically visiting the embassy is cherry on the cake.
As a matter of fact, e-visa holds nearly equal value than that of normal visa, and applying for it, is a much easier process. This is perfect for foreign residents who are willing to visit India for a short span of time.
Who Are Eligible to Get e-Tourist Visa India?
- People from 161 countries are only eligible for India travel visa. See the list of Eligible countries for e-Tourist visa India
- Travelers are restricted to perform the following activities only
- Recreation activity
- A casual meeting with friends and
- Foreign travelers must have a return ticket along with the onward journey
- Before you apply for an India ETV, you make sure you have a separate passport because if you are endorsed on the passport of parent and spouse, you aren't supposed to get entry visa Indian.
- The applicant must not belong to the category of person-not-grata.
- The traveler must be able to bear with the expenses of the trip and has sufficient funds for the recreation.
How Can I Apply for an e-Tourist Visa Online?
You can apply for the ETV India by visiting our website https://www.e-visaindiaonline.com. You can apply it in the following steps:
- Fill out the visa application form online available on the website
- Attach all the necessary documents and photographs
- Review the application form to make sure all the submitted details are correct
- You will receive your Indian e-Visa for Tourism via email within 4 to 7 working days
What Are the Documents Requirements for Indian Tourist Visa?
You need to submit a scanned passport which is valid for 6 months at least. The passport will be accepted in the PDF or JPEG format but make sure it is properly scanned.
- You require uploading a new photograph (taken within 6 months). The photo must be colorful and clear.
- Uploaded photo must be in JPEG or PDF format but it can be of any size.
- You must upload a front view of the photo with complete face and open eyes.
- Any shadows on the background or face may get the photo rejected.
- You must complete the application form with legit information. Any mistake in the details provided by you can get it rejected.
Details to be Mentioned While Applying for Indian Tourist Visa:
- The place where the applicant is going to reside during the visit. The address, phone number, and other contact information will be required
- A specific date of arrival as well as the departure
- Any of the airport location from the list of permitted airports.
- A secure payment method such as Debit card, credit card or PayPal account.
What Is The e-Tourist Visa India Processing Time?
Have you applied for normal e-Visa? Then you most probably receive it within 4 to 7 days (Business days)
Note: We also provide urgent India travel visa for India to the foreign nationals who instantly want the visa service. Your urgent tourist visa will be processed within 24-72 hours. While applying for an urgent visa, you have to complete the same application form with all your necessary details and documents. You just need to select urgent processing an application type from the dropdown.
How you can Visit and stay with Tourist Visa India
Now, foreigners can apply e-Tourist visa for one month, one year and five years. Apart from these three slots, no exception is available. For the one month ETA, double entries can be made by the applicant. However, the one year and five years e-Tourist visa comes with multiple entries.
Stay: The stay period cannot exceed 90 days except for UK, USA, Canada, and Japan. The exceptions are allowed with 180 days stay period in a continuous manner.
Need Help 24/7
Frequently Asked Questions
A: It is an important document provided by the government of India to permit you to enter and travel in India and it is linked to your passport.
A: It can take between 4 to 7 business days to get your Tourist E-Visa to India approved. In case of urgent visa, you can get it within 24-72 hours.
A: We require these documents to process your application:
- A copy of your Passport’s bio page in PDF format.
- A passport size photo in JPEG format.
- Debit or credit card for payment.
A: It is required to apply at least 4 days and max 120 days before your arrival date.
A: The Tourist e-Visa allows multiple entries in a single year and you can stay in India for a maximum of 90 days per entry.
A: No, you are not allowed to enter in India from any point of entry with Tourist e-Visa. The tourist e-Visa can only be used at these 28 designated airports: Amritsar, Ahmedabad, Bangaluru, Bagdogra, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Calicut, Cochin, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Delhi, Goa, Gaya, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Portblair, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Vishakhapatnam, and Varanasi.The five seaports also allow Tourist e-Visa and those are Goa, Cochin, Mumbai, Mangalore, and Chennai.
A: Indian e-Tourist Visa is permitted for recreation, sightseeing, and for meeting friends or relatives. No other activities such as Work, study, volunteer work, etc. are allowed with an e-Tourist Visa.
Yes, you can do this. After coming to India with your minor kid you can go to the FRRO office and apply for an OCI card and you will get that in about a month.
Now, e-Tourist visa India is valid for 1 year and multiple entries can be made. But in every visit to India, you can only stay for 90 days continuously and then you need to go back.
E-Tourist visa allows 90 days of continuous stay in the country but within that period you must be able to find a sponsor for your business visa. Also, you need to stay in the country until the application is processed and this way you can convert the e-Tourist visa into an e-Business visa.
With one month visa, you can make two entries, however if you are applying for visa with validity of one-year or five-years, you will be allowed multiple entries.
Now, e-Tourist visa India is valid for 1 month, 1 year and 5 years and with one month visa you are allowed two entries and with one-year and five-year visa, multiple entries can be made. But on every visit to India, the length of continuous stay cannot be longer than 90 days. Only the citizens of the US, UK, Japan and Canada can stay for up to 180 days at a time.