E-Visa India Application Process- A Step by Step Guide
E-Visa works as a legal permit to enter and exit India at a certain point of time for tourism purpose, medical reasons or business-related matters. Filling the online visa application form can be a hassle for you but here is a step-by-step guide that will help you in filling the application form in the most systematic and valid manner.
Note- Here the application process has been explained in relation to ‘e-Tourism’ category of visa type. The application may slightly vary for other categories of e-Visa.
To begin with the application process of e-Visa,
visit this link- https://www.e-visaindiaonline.com/IndianVisaOnline/v/index.php
On the first page that you see, enter basic personal details like:
- Application Type- Here you have to select the visa processing type i.e. normal one or urgent one.
- First Name, Middle Name, Last Name- In the next three fields, you have to split your full name among first, middle and last name. Make sure that the name you enter must be identical to that given in your passport.
- Passport Type- This field will be automatically filled as ‘Ordinary Passport’.
- Nationality- Here select the country from the list that you belong to. You will only see the countries that are eligible to apply for the online visa.
- Port of Arrival- As there are limited entry and exit points for e-Visa applicants, so you have to select your port of arrival from the drop-down menu.
- Passport No.- Write your passport number in this field.
- Date of Birth- Select the year, month and date of your birth from the chart provided.
- Email ID- Here mention your correct email address as you are going to receive the e-Visa on the same ID as and when it gets approved. Re-enter the same ID in the next field to confirm it.
- Telephone Number- A currently working phone number has to be entered here.
- Expected Date of Arrival- Select the date on which you are expecting yourself to land in India.
- Visa Type- From the three main categories i.e. e-Tourist visa, e-Business Visa and e-Medical Visa, select the one you are applying for.
- Access Code- Type the code you are able to see just below this box. After you are done entering all the information correctly, click ‘Continue’.
On the next page, you will be assigned a temporary application ID that you have to note down. The first section will be of ‘Applicant Details’ where you have to fill the information explained below:
- Given Name- The name you have entered will be shown here. Below this, you have to check the box if you have ever changed your name and fill the details regarding the same.
- Sex- Select if you are a male, female or a transgender.
- Town/City of Birth and Country of Birth- Enter the name of the city as well as the country where you were born.
- Citizenship/National Id No- Enter if applicable or else mention NA.
- Religion- Select the religion you belong to from the drop-down menu. If it is not available in the list, you can type the same in the next box.
- Visible Identification Mark- You have to mention an identification mark that must be clearly visible on your body
- Educational Qualification- From the drop-down menu, select how much you are qualified.
- Nationality- Here you have to mention if you have acquired the nationality by birth or by naturalization. If you have selected the latter one, mention the previous nationality as well.
In the next section, you have to enter details regarding your Passport.
- Place of Issue- Mention the place where your passport was issued to you.
- Date of Issue- Select the year, month and date, your passport was issued on.
- Date of Expiry- Select the year, month and date, your passport will get expired.
- Other valid passports- You can select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ if you have any other valid passport or identity certificate. If you have selected ‘Yes’, enter the details as well.
After you are done entering the required information in the given fields, you can choose to ‘Save and continue’ or ‘Save and Temporarily Exit’.
On the next page, you will see a section that says ‘Applicant’s Address Details’.
- House No, Town, State and Zip Code- In the first four fields, enter your complete address along with the postal code.
- Country/ Phone Number- In the next two fields, enter your country name and at least one phone number is mandatory.
- CheckBox- If your permanent address is same as your present address, select the box that says ‘Click Here for Same Address’. If not, enter the permanent address in the given space.
In the next section that follows the previous one, you will be required to enter your family details.
- Father’s Details- Here you will be required to enter your father’s name, his nationality both current and previous one, place of birth as well as the country of birth.
- Mother’s Details- The same details that you have entered for your father has to be filled regarding your mother as well.
- Applicant’s Marital Status- Select if you are ‘Single’ or ‘Married’ and provide the spouse details if you are married.
- Origin of Grandparents- Choose ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ for ‘were your Grandfather/ Grandmother (paternal/maternal) Pakistan Nationals or Belong to Pakistan held area’. If the answer is ‘Yes’, then you are not eligible to apply for the online visa to India.
On proceeding further, you will be required to enter details of your profession or occupation.
- Present Occupation- Enter where you are working currently or mention if you run a business.
- Employer Name/Business- You have to enter the employer name or your company name here.
- Address- Fill in the complete address of the company you are working in. After filling all the details, press ‘Save and continue’.
Now on the next page, the first section will show your visa details as you can see in the picture below.
- In the space provided for ‘Places likely to be visited’, you have to mention the places you are going to visit in India on your e-Tourist Visa.
- Next, you have to mention if you have ever visited India before. If Yes, enter the related details as well such as-
- Address of your stay during your last visit to India
- Places previously visited in India
- Last Indian Visa No.
- Type of Visa on which you visited India
- Place and date of issue
- Now select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ for ‘has permission to visit or to extend stay in India previously been refused?’ If you mentioned ‘Yes’, you have to further give details about when and whom and if the answer is ‘No’, you can proceed further.
Other Information- Mention the name of the countries you have visited in the last 10 years.
SAARC Country Visit Details- You have to mention if you have visited any SAARC country along with the name of that country, year in which you have visited and number of visits.
Reference- In this section, you have to mention the following details:
- Reference Name- Here you have to mention the name of the person or the hotel where you are going to stay.
- Reference Address- Enter the address of the same person or hotel you have mentioned above.
- Phone No- Enter the phone number of the person or the hotel.
- Reference Name in Home Country, Address and Phone Number- In the next three fields, enter the name of a reference from your country, his address and the phone number.
- Photograph- Here you have to upload your photograph as per the specifications. To upload the photo, click ‘Browse’ or if you want to upload it later, you can click ‘Save and Continue’.
- On the next page, you will be required to upload the scanned copy of your original passport as per the instructions provided on the page and then click ‘Save and continue’.
- On the next page, you will see the entire application form and the information that you have entered till now. Scroll down and you will get the option to modify/edit the details or if you are satisfied with the information that you have entered, simply click on ‘Verified and Continue’.
When you press ‘Continue’, you will be directed towards the last step of the process i.e. Payment. Two modes of payment have been provided and you can select any of those. However, make sure to go through the disclaimer provided and tick mark the undertaking after reading it thoroughly. Only after you are thoroughly satisfied with your application, click on ‘Pay Now’.
Once the payment has been made successfully, Voila! The application process has been completed successfully. But submitting the online application and getting approval are two different things. So after this, you will need to wait for the consent and once the application gets approved, you will receive the e-Visa in your email ID within 4-7 working business days.
Need Help 24/7
- E-Tourist visa
- E-Business Visa
- E-Medical Visa
- E-Tourist Visa For UK Citizens
- E-Visa for USA Citizens
- E-Visa for Canadian Citizens
- E-Visa Chinese Citizen
- E-Visa For UAE Citizens
- E-Medical Attendant Visa
- E-Conference Visa to India
- India Visa for Japanese
- India Visa for German
- India Visa for Australian Citizens
- India Visa for French