How to Apply For an Indian Visa from the UK: Complete Guide
India has become a tourist spot due to its diverse culture, weathers, and traditions. India is one of those places which consists of the beauty of “unity in diversity”. Visitors across the world have listed India in their travel-bucket list, and thus the Indian tourism is getting broader day by day. The other major reason behind the increase in the tourism sector is the introduction of e-visa. The current stats revealed that approx. 239000 UK residents have applied for an Indian tourist visa in 2007, and the database has increased with every passing year.
An e-visa is best for those who are visiting India for the recreation purpose and interested in exploring the diverse culture of the country. One can easily get the online visa for India if applied properly with authentic information. The terms of India and UK are getting better which is clearly visible with the drastic rise in the number of the Indian visa UK applicants.
As we know that, an e-tourist visa is divided into three categories namely e-tourist visa, e-business visa, and e-medical visa. Furthermore, applying for Indian tourist visa a cake-walk, as all it requires if filling an online form.
If you are the one who requires a detailed guide on applying India e-visa, you are at the right place. Here we are unveiling the facts and fundamentals associated with the online Indian visa. Sit back and read every point in a thorough fashion:
First, let’s discuss the terms and conditions, visa to India from the UK applicants must know:
- There is no provision available to convert the e-visa into a normal one. However, you can apply to enter multiple times with any type of e-Visa.
- The duration of an online visa for India is 90 days and can’t be extended.
- The applicant must have a passport with 6 months of validation period and two blank pages.
- One must have enough finances to bear with the travel expenses.
- Pakistani- origin UK residents aren’t allowed to apply for Indian-visa.
- Any sort of material supply is not allowed in tourist visa.
Is Visa on Arrival Still Valid at Indian Airports?
Since November 27, 2018, the visa on arrival has been replaced by the electronics visa. So, a visa seeker must apply online by filling up the Indian visa application form for British citizens, get the ETV receipt and then only proceed the travel. Having a valid e-visa is necessary as visa on arrival cases are no longer entertained.
Which All Indian Airports Entertain E-Visa Tourists?
Here is the list of the airport you can enter India from if you are an holder:
or the below-given seaports.
How Much Time Does It Take to Get Indian E-Tourist Visa for the UK?
The e-visa cannot be availed immediately. After applying the visa request, it will take approx 4-7 days in order to get the approval, once you receive the ETV, you get the time period of one year to travel within. Usually, it takes 4 to 7 days to get the approval but in exceptional cases, it can be extended up to a couple of days.
What All Documents Required to Apply for An Online Visa?
- A scanned copy of your original passport (must be valid for 6 months)
- A copy of your passport sized photo of the applicant.
- Medical letter or business-card copy for E-Medical Visa and e-business visa respectively
Alternatively, you can apply on https://www.e-visaindiaonline.com/ and fill the form given on the site. Furthermore, you can check out by paying tourist visa fees using your debit card, credit card, or PayPal account.
Need Help 24/7